At the start of August, EvoEnergy’s Green Mile campaign to fund the plantation of ‘one mile of trees’ in the UK this year stood at 56% of target (451 trees) with these trees already rooted in their new environments.
With donations paid to Tree Appeal – a UK tree planting organisation – funded trees this year have already been planted in various sites and schools including;
- 100 trees at Llancerch-y-med school (Wales)
- 30 trees at Shears Green junior school (Kent)
- 60 trees at Robert Mellors primary school (Nottinghamshire)
- 70 trees at Wolvey CofE primary school (Leicestershire)
- 40 trees at Woodmancote school (Gloucestershire)
- 40 trees at Carmyle primary school (Scotland)
- 60 trees at Our Lady of Perpetual Help school (South Yorkshire)
- 29 trees at St Stephens CofE primary school (Surrey)
Thanks to the Green Mile campaign, EvoEnergy funded the plantation of ‘one mile’ of trees in 2015, and this success prompted them to repeat the environmental campaign again in 2016.
In 2015, EvoEnergy also got first-hand experience of planting their funded trees where several of their staff assisted Walton-on-Trent nursery and primary school with the plantation of 50 trees onsite.
Jordan Mawbey, Marketing Manager for EvoEnergy, comments;
“We’re very proud of our green mile campaign and it’s great to see our funding producing plantations all over the UK, especially in schools where the children can also get involved. Of course, any funding is directly linked to our client’s installations so we also need to extend the credit to the many company’s we’ve worked with over the last 18 months to bring our campaign alive.
We’ll look forward to providing additional funding over the next few months where we’re hopeful of once again meeting our target by the end of the year, perhaps even sooner.”