|Line Manager:||Operations Director|
Overview of the role purpose and objectives
Candidate’s should have a clear understanding and knowledge of Project Management and the ability to work at site and control and manage various trades. As a site-based Project Manager, you will be a key member of the Project delivery team providing active hands-on installation support, site activity and installation management, EvoEnergy representation and authority on sites.
Your knowledge of site management systems will ensure Project planning and schedules are met through your management of installers and close relationships with other contractors and clients. Over time, your knowledge will develop across our portfolio of products/services.
Main responsibilities and accountabilities
- You will have full control of a Project from inception and plan and programme all activities within the Project
- Prepare Method Statements, Risk assessments and Construction Phase Plans
- Review other contractor RAMS for approval
- Participate and hold internal and external Project meetings, reviews, briefs and kick-off meetings with clients and contractors
- Conduct inductions, toolbox talks, health and safety management and inspections of all works
- Point of contact on site for deliveries and client liaison.
- Authorised person for all quality standards on site.
- Document work undertaken / daily activities and provide a daily activity report.
- Oversee Solar PV, HV/LV, battery storage, EV charging installations through site management on project builds encompassing electrical work, labour and civil engineering trades.
- Recognise issues and assess risks and review any findings with management.
- Inspect work for satisfactory performance by Quality assessing contractors
- Review and order suitable stocks of supplies and equipment and request specialist components, fixtures or fittings as required.
- Maintain accurate documentation of the Project, spending, costs associated, etc
- Ensure compliance with health and safety policy and communicate effectively to site teams.
- Investigate complaints and recommend corrective action as necessary to resolve complaints.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with all stakeholders including the public.
- Identify and meet personal job-related training and development as required.
- Project Management Qualification or equivalent
- SMSTS / SSSTS
- Electrical OR Civil Engineering qualification
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Prince 2 or equivalent
- 18th Edition BS7671
- Experience in running a Project on-site and ability to coordinate multiple trades
- Strong leader
- Ability to understand site drawings and SLDs
- Able to work under pressure and deal with reactive situations effectively
- Good IT skills and document control
- Hardworking, reliable, and flexible with the ability to work nationwide and stay away from home
- Recognised H&S qualifications such as NEBOSH.
- First aid at work
- Minimum of 3 years in a similar position
- Must be able to attend sites and stay away from home periodically
- Rigorous attention to detail and process-driven work practices. Passion for good service
- Positive persona, a role model, mentor, and motivator
- To be honest, professional, and approachable
- To be objective, offer constructive criticism and allow others to share opinion
- High level of self-motivation and determination.
- Personal resilience.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Thoughtful and reflective, learning from experience and others together with a commitment to self-development.
This Job Description is a guideline of the role and not contractual. It may change in accordance with business needs.