|Job Title:||Trainee Renewables Consultant|
|Line Manager:||Principle REC’s|
EvoEnergy are a renewables and engineering specialist in behind the meter PV, batteries, EV charging and solar carports. We have a wide range of clients with diverse technical needs and we are looking for a consultative, technical person to join our growing team in Nottingham.
This role is intended to suit someone new to the industry who want to learn and grow in knowledge and confidence into a more technical or sales role.
COVID 19 – We encourage home working but realise that much training and collaborative working will need regular communication. You will need to be able to travel to Beeston, Nottingham regularly, initially and have the means to travel there.
- Work with and support the current sales team with Technical designs for their projects alongside eventually developing your own.
- Assist with completing tenders and pre qualification questionnaires
- Compile tender responses
- Aid with building energy analysis to size PV and battery systems
- Support and enhance the existing PQQ response database
- Enter key aspects of projects into our CRM and keep up to date
- Looking out for the next innovation and constantly looking to improve yours and the team’s knowledge, understanding and abilities
- To be organised, work with many different projects simultaneously and manage every customer’s expectation to ensure good service
- Preparation of sales proposals
- Aid with CRM population and lead qualification
- Learn how to engage in a consultative sales process to understand client’s renewable energy needs and wants, either directly or via tenders
- Learn about new technologies, Batteries, EV chargers, LV and HV infrastructure etc. and how they can best be implemented for our customers
- Learn how to size up and price solar PV, battery and EV charging systems, understanding key nuances of site limitations
- Learn commercial acumen and lead analysis
- Learn how to negotiate deals and contracts with customers and develop an appreciation of technical and performance risks
– ONC-HNC or Degree qualification ideally in relevant or similar subject
– Driving licence preferred or learning
– Ideally some skills in a design programme like Sketchup or CAD
– Ability to read write and spell to a decent standard
– Keen eye for detail
– Ability to use Word, Excel and Powerpoint
– A degree of numeracy and analytical skills – at ease looking at energy data with some insight.
– Ability to work on several projects simultaneously
– Ability to meent deadlines and prioritise work accordingly.
This role is not for a person with much experience but any or some of the following would be desirable:
– Some experience working in the renewable energy sector
– Some business to business sales experience
– Some use of design software, sketchup, CAD, etc.
– Some experience of writing documents presenting a scenario or case, or reasoned argument, from a business or educational angle.
– Working in a team to achieve an outcome or solution
– Experience of working with or manipulating data for analysis
– Creative thinker and problem solver
– To be honest, professional and approachable, willing to work hard and encourage good behaviours in others
– Eagerness to learn
– Naturally curious
– Ability to work to deadlines
– Keen to go the extra mile
– Team player, happy to back others up and contribute to joint success
This Job Description is a guideline of the role and not contractual. It may change in accordance with business needs.