|Line Manager:||Principal Renewable Energy Consultants|
|Contract Type/Hours:||Perm/Full Time|
EvoEnergy are a renewables and engineering specialist in commercial behind-the-meter solar PV, batteries, EV charging and solar carports. We have a wide range of clients with diverse technical needs, and we are always looking for a consultative, technical person to join our growing team in Nottingham.
If you’re looking for a new challenge, are passionate about leaving a lasting legacy, and have lots of energy, we want to hear from you.
The role will suit someone new to the industry who is passionate about learning and growing in knowledge and confidence into a more technical or sales role.
We have flexible working arrangements but emphasise that much training and collaborative working will need regular in-person communication with the team to progress. You will initially need to be able to travel to the office in Beeston, Nottingham regularly and have the means to travel there.
- Work with and support the current sales team with technical designs for their projects alongside learning to develop your own.
- Assist with completing tenders and pre-qualification questionnaires.
- Compile tender responses.
- Aid with building energy analysis to size PV and battery systems.
- Support and enhance the existing PQQ response database.
- Enter key aspects of projects into our CRM and keep up to date.
- Looking out for the next innovation and constantly looking to improve yours and the team’s knowledge, understanding and abilities.
- To be organised, work with many different projects simultaneously and manage every customer’s expectation to ensure good service.
- Preparation of sales proposals and putting together presentations.
- Aid with CRM population and lead qualification via telephone
- Supporting with site surveys and customer meetings to discuss project proposals
- Liaise and communicate with other departments (technical, operations, finance etc) to ensure smooth operation of project.
- Learn how to engage in a consultative sales process to understand client’s renewable energy needs and wants, either directly or via tenders
- Learn about new innovations in Batteries, EV chargers, LV and HV infrastructure etc. and how they can best be implemented for our customers
- Learn how to size up and price solar PV, battery and EV charging systems, understanding key nuances of site limitations
- Learn commercial acumen and lead analysis
- Learn how to negotiate deals and contracts with customers and develop an appreciation of technical and performance risks
- ONC-HNC or Degree qualification
- Driving licence preferred or learning
- Ideally some skills in a design programme like SketchUp or CAD
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Keen eye for detail
- Ability to use Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- A degree of numeracy and analytical skills – at ease looking at energy data with some insight.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise work accordingly.
This role is not for a person with much experience but any or some of the following would be desirable:
- Some experience working in the renewable energy sector
- Some business-to-business sales experience
- Some use of design software, SketchUp, CAD, etc.
- Some experience of writing documents presenting a scenario or case, or reasoned argument, from a business or educational angle.
- Working in a team to achieve an outcome or solution
- Experience of working with or manipulating data for analysis
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- To be honest, professional, and approachable, willing to work hard and encourage good behaviours in others
- Eagerness to learn
- Naturally curious
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Keen to go the extra mile
- Team player, happy to back others up and contribute to joint success
- Enjoy working with people and confidence in ability to present to customers
- Critical illness cover
- Company life insurance
- Employee Assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible pension options
Salary: £24,000 – £26,000 depending on experience
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Date amended: 4/5/2023
This Job Description is a guideline of the role and not contractual. It may change in accordance with business needs.