|Job Title:||Renewable Energy Consultant|
|Line Manager:||Principle REC’s|
EvoEnergy are a renewables and engineering specialist in behind the meter PV, batteries, EV charging and solar carports. We have a wide range of clients with diverse technical needs and we are looking for a consultative, technical person to join our growing team in Nottingham.
We are looking for a full time consultative sales person with a passion for renewables and realising those projects working in conjunction with our experienced technical team.
- Work with and support the current sales team with Technical designs for their projects alongside developing your own.
- Build trusted relationships with your clients, giving reassurance and in depth knowledge about the subject and their unique scenarios
- Be able to communicate and demonstrate, sometimes complex technical and economic scenarios to clients with key outcomes and benefits highlighted
- Start to take customers on a journey from project scope to feasibility to deployment and maintenance of the systems.
- Enter key aspects of projects into our CRM and keep up to date
- Looking out for the next innovation and constantly looking to improve yours and the team’s knowledge, understanding and abilities
- To be organised, work with many clients simultaneously and manage every customer’s expectation to ensure good service
- Learn how to engage in a consultative sales process to understand client’s renewable energy needs and wants, either directly or via tenders
- Learn about new technologies, Batteries, EV chargers, LV and HV infrastructure etc. and how they can best be implemented for our customers
- Learn how to size up and price solar PV, battery and EV charging systems, understanding key nuances of site limitations
- Learn how to negotiate deals and contracts with customers with an appreciation of technical and performance risks
ONC-HNC or Degree qualification in relevant subject
– Ability to use Sketchup
– Ability to use CAD
– Ability to use PV Syst/PV Sol
– Ability to read write and spell to a decent standard
– Keen eye for detail
– Ability to use Word, Excel and Powerpoint
– Driving licence preferred
– Ability to work on own initiative, under pressure and meet deadlines, juggling multiple competing priorities and keeping self and team focused on delivery.
– Ability to identify and target specific customer segments and deliver best-in-class customer propositions and journeys..
– Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills with the ability to adapt effectively to different audiences – taking an assertive and diplomatic approach with customers, colleagues, senior managers and stakeholders as appropriate.
– Strong negotiating skills – confidently negotiating differences of opinion and challenging as necessary to improve business outcomes.
– Highly numerate and analytical – at ease with combining market data, financials and customer insight.
– Ability to manage bespoke project costings and apply margin calculations.
– Able to carryout site surveys and produce designs for projects
– Proven experience of developing and managing a new business pipeline and plan, building a roadmap for success.
– Experience selling commercial solar, battery & EV systems with associated consultancy/O&M.
– Experienced in developing and delivering high level business presentations.
– Proven experience of focussing on customer needs and identifying industry leading experiences/ journeys to deliver against these.
– Proven experience in designing, developing and bringing to market, new product/ marketing concepts.
– Strong level of understanding of the Solar, Battery and EV markets, current competitor propositions and have a broad overview of new emerging technologies.
– An effective networker, the role holder will be knowledgeable and practised in relationship management.
– Strong creative thinking and first-class problem-solving skills.
– Strong commercial acumen.
– Strong personal resilience.
– To be honest, professional and approachable, willing to work hard and encourage good behaviours in others
– Eagerness to learn and naturally curious
– Ability to work to deadlines
– Keen to go the extra mile
– Team player, happy to back others up and contribute to joint success
This Job Description is a guideline of the role and not contractual. It may change in accordance with business needs.ption is a guideline of the role and not contractual. It may change in accordance with business needs.